I must have Crayon's on my mind from sewing crayon caddies all weekend but here is a great way to recycle all of those broken crayons! I used to make these when I taught preschool and they are great for toddlers because of the size!
1. Preheat the oven to 275 degrees F.
2. Remove all the paper labels from crayon pieces.
3. Use an old non-stick muffin pan or put ¼ teaspoon of vegetable oil into each muffin pan cup, no cup liners needed (If you are still worried about ruining your pan, line cups with foil)
4. Place broken crayons into the muffin pan. Mixing up the colors makes it fun, you can also use a lot of "like" colors for a neat effect (also try silver and gold hues)
5. Place into the preheated oven and watch carefully, they melt quickly!
6. Bake crayons for 8 minutes or so.
7. Let the crayons cool completely (recommend overnight).
8. Once cooled, pop the crayons out of the muffin pan by tapping on the backside of the pan. Crayons should fall right out.