Sunday, February 22, 2009

Yummy Blackberry Cobbler

There is nothing like warm blackberry cobbler on a winter evening! I made this yummy creation for a chili cook-off at our church. I don't make chili but I am always happy to bring a dessert. The kids were disappointed it wasn't for them so I may make another for tomorrow, here is the recipe:

Ingredients:

2 1/2 C blackberries
2/3 C sugar
1 1/2 C flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
8 T (1 stick) plus 2 T unsalted butter
1/2 C heavy whipped cream

Directions:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Butter a shallow baking dish and place blackberries inside. Sprinkle with 1/3 C sugar.

In the bowl of a food processor combine flour baking powder and salt. Add stick (8T) of butter and pulse to create a lumpy mixture. Add whipping cream and pulse until dough forms. Spoon dough over blackberries.

Melt remaining 2 T butter and drizzle over mounds of dough (yum...). Sprinkle with remaining 1/3 C sugar.

Bake about 30 to 40 minutes or until dough and fruit are cooked through and dough is lightly browned.

3 comments:

The Young Family said...

Are berries interchangable in recipes? We have boysenberry bushes and I'm always looking for new ways to use them, and this recipe looks delicious! I'mm sorry I had to miss the activity last night and especially your cobbler!-Nicholle

Debye said...

yummy, I bet boysenberries would be delicious! Berries are usually interchangeable except strawberries don't work as well I hear!

Unknown said...

I love this!! I have never made cobbler before. I think I'll give it a try!