Thursday, October 23, 2008

Going Yo-Yo Crazy-Fall Extravaganza

I am cheating a little by adding this as a Fall Craft for the Fall Extravaganza but Tiff will understand!

I have been busy having fun making samples for my "Embellishing with Fabric Flowers" class and I thought I'd share a few with you. I just LOVE yo-yo flowers, they are so versatile. I usually make pins and hair clips out of them so I thought I'd challenge myself and step up my game a little. Here are some of the results:



Yo-Yo Pillow

I made this with a larger circle (about 7 inches) using fabric from Heather Bailey's Pop Garden collection. I love his pillow so much I am considering making a matching quilt....maybe even a yo-yo quilt.


Yo-Yo Flowered Jeans


This was definitely one of those projects that left me wishing I had a little girl to put them in! I simply used fabric from Sandi Henderson's Ginger Blossom and Farmers Market collections to add a few yo-yo flowers. Then I threw in some rick-rack I had on hand, added the ruffles and a matching belt and voila! Not bad for a $9.99 pair of jeans.

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Your yo-yo flowers are so cute. I have tried to make yo-yos several times and they always come out looking strange. I'll definitely give the link you posted a try.

Louise said...

Me again. I found you via flickr as your ruffled apron photo came up on my home page. I have to tell you your work is just lovely. I have three daughters so anything with a frill is always popular! I am slightly obsessed with yoyos too at the moment and am doing all my Christmas decorations with yoyos. I'm glad you have a blog and look forward to seeing more lovely creations!