Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Life Is Good


Today was not an extraordinary day, in fact, it wasn't even a necessarily great day from the outside. I woke up today with the goal of getting the house to square one, not sparkling, just in its normal tidy state. That didn't happen until 9:52 (writing this at 9:53 with a relaxing cup of herbal tea).

It wasn't that the house was ever a total mess, it was just one of those days where you can't seem to get anything completed. It was the first full day of being foster parents and as great as he is, adding another baby to the normal daily routine will take some practice. If I just can get them to nap at the same time, life will be golden.

So, the house didn't get clean until bed time, so no sewing or website updates were done, as Dr. Laura would say, that is all just manure anyways.

I didn't get outside to enjoy the beautiful day's sun that shone through my kitchen window but I made time to laugh with my kids, I showed them how our family can help another and try to make a difference AND I somehow was granted a one day reprieve from watching or hearing Sponge Bob Square Pants.

When my 4-year old said the blessing tonight he decided on his own to remind Heavenly Father that it was my Birthday tomorrow and to be sure that I had a great day. That simple gesture tells me that I must be doing something right, at least some of the time!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, DEBYE !.... after reading her blog can you not believe that the day she was born was the happiest day of our lives !.. we love her bunches! love, mom and dad

Amy said...

Hey thanks for the comment, and Happy Belated Birthday to you! No cake?!? What the heck? You have to have cake!

Isn't it funny how we always question ourselves as mothers? Are we doing the right thing? Will they be scarred for life? Will they hate me and be in therapy when they're 40? Did I let my 18 month old watch the movie Cars too much? Ha...the joys of motherhood. It's trying, but we would never give it up!