Monday, March 3, 2008

Calling All Prayers

When Jonas was just a baby, my sister-in-law and I had a wonderful babysitter named Erin. Through the years, she became part of the family. After my first husband and I divorced I still remained close to him and most of his family and also to Erin. Then, the greatest thing happened- and she and my ex-husband began dating a few years ago. It is such an amazing thing to have someone you adore and trust become "the other mommy" to your child. If I have to share part of my role as a mom to Jonas, at least I get to share it with someone like Erin!

Last Wednesday, Erin went to the emergency room because she was dizzy and vomiting. They found a tumor on the base of her brain stem and she has been in the hospital ever since because she is at risk for seizures because of the swelling of her brain. Today they are going to perform brain surgery to try to remove and biopsy the tumor.....did I mention it is all taking place while she is awake!!! Because of the position of the tumor, it is a risky surgery. If you can find time to say a small prayer for her today, I know it can help!

Thank-you!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

OMG!!! I will keep her in my prayers! Keep us posted!

The Downtown Boutique said...

Oh my goodness! I will pray for her.

Angie