Friday, April 3, 2009

My Online Pledge

I pledge today that I will do NO online shopping for one month! I realize this sounds strange for someone to pledge who makes their income from online shopping but I do 80% of my non-necessity shopping online. Why? Well, for one, with five boys in the house I just don't have enough hands to run to the store unless it is absolutely necessary. Secondly, I find it is cheaper. If I go to the store I am highly unlikely just to buy the one thing I went to get. A quick trip can turn into a big spending trip in a blink of an eye. If I go anywhere near Target, I have to at least glimpse at the clothes, which leads to looking, which leads to loving, which leads to a $200 trip for diapers. And don't get me started on what happens when I go near a craft store.......Third, I love some particular clothing stores that aren't available in California and they keep coming out with new lines.....

So, by taking this pledge I am really pledging not to do any unncecessary spending for 30 days which is a challenge for a shop-a-holic but I also love a challenge. So wish me luck, strength and anything else!

p.s. of course before typing my pledge I did make two quick online purchases but that is okay because it starts......now!

No comments: