Monday, September 15, 2008

What I Have Been Up To......

Life has been a little hectic but hey, when isn't it? Luckily I was able to squeeze in a few projects for fun between sewing orders.

First, here is my apron for the Flirty Apron Swap. We had to go with a vacation theme and my partner wanted to go to the Orient. For some reason this really threw me for a loop. I wanted an Asian theme but I also wanted to keep it light, modern and stylish. The fabric combination was rough and I really hope my partner likes it. I'll admit I am a bit nervous.....ohhhh, and time for a disclaimer here. I am wearing wide leg capris in the photo so I really don't have elephant legs like the picture looks, I promise:
Next is a project I made for my friend Jen's baby shower. She is always such a joy to be around and I wanted to do something extra special for her. She just beat my record and had her fourth little boy, in some countries we would be worshipped for having so many sons ;o)

The pattern came from Amy Butler's new book Little Stitches. If you don't have this book yet...GET IT! It is ten times better then any of her other books. It is loaded with patterns for everything baby you could imagine and it isn't generic things you would already know how to make just by looking at it. From crib bumpers to the cutest Kimono PJ's I have ever seen- you will actually want to make all these things straight away! For Jen, I made a soft book with pictures of her family in it. The pictures are printed on fabric so it is completely washable, perfect for baby drool!

3 comments:

Yarni Gras! said...

terrific apron and that little book is awesome.

Anonymous said...

Oh, I saw your apron on the Flirty blog and didn't realize it was yours. Very cute! How could your partner not love it, she'll be tickled. I just posted the pictures of the ones I made, Italy and Scotland/Ireland.
The Simplicity pattern you saw on my blog is pretty easy. The two stripes down the front look like they are pieced, but they are just sewn on top of the skirt. Very simple. That's why they call it Simplicity, I guess.
Thanks for visiting my blog.

Anonymous said...

Oh, I meant to ask, what pattern did you use for this apron?
Kathy