Friday, September 19, 2008
New Swap, Hot Drinks for Hot Mama's Swap
My apronista friend, Val, is hosting her first swap Hot Drinks for Hot Mama's. I just love hot cocoa and apple cider and now that summer is nearing an end, doesn't that just sound so cozy??? Sign up is through the 25th so head on over. I have already purchased all the fabric and trim, this theme was really inspiring!!
Here is a sneak peek at what I chose:
1. *Create an apron (half or full) for your partner. There are loads of fun fabrics out there with tea pots, mugs, drink glasses, coffee beans, tea cups, etc. on them. If you can't find the right fabric, you could applique, embroider, etc. Add at least one embellishment.*if you cannot sew but want to play along, you may purchase an apron from one of the crafty people on etsy. No store bought aprons please, they are not considered hand crafted.
2. Choose 3 'little somethings' they will like to go along with the apron. Be creative, this isn't about how much money you can spend. It is about sending someone a little package with a few surprises. Some ideas include: fun cocktail napkins, recipe variations of their favorite hot drink, a kitchen/tea towel, singles of hot cocoa, tea or coffee, a bookmark or gently used novel you know they'll like, a fun hot pad in the shape of a cup or mug....etc.
3. Wrap everything in tissue with a simple ribbon before mailing.
Check out their blog for hints, you may make a new friend!Deadline to sign up: Sep. 25th. I will email everyone their partners within a day or 2 after closing.Deadline to ship packages: Oct. 25th. Feel free to mail earlier though :-)Please, if you do not have the time or interest to commit to this swap, do not join.Also, if you do not mail out on time or if you flake, you will not be allowed to play again.This is my first swap so I am opening it to active bloggers who live in the USA only.
If you would like to play, please email email@example.com with the following information:
1. Your name
2. Your address
3. Your email address
4. Your blog address
5. Your apron size
6. Your favorite hot beverage* (let us know if you need decaf or not)
7. Your favorite color
8. Your least favorite color
*don't forget all those other hot drinks like Espresso,Irish Coffee, Apple Cider, Cappucino, Spiced Hot Rum, etc