Monday, June 23, 2008

New Swap-We The People Swap (Tote Bag)

It is time for another Swap, this time it is a Tote Swap! Take a minute to stop by Tracey's blog Itching2bstitching for details on her next swap.


The swap is called WE THE PEOPLE SWAP because it was selected by all us posters!

Here are the requirements:

1. The bag must be large enough to carry books, magazines, or some grocery items.
2. The bag must be made around your partner's likes. Please pay close attention to what your partner likes and dislikes. We want a bag that someone will love and use.
3. For fun - because who likes an empty bag?- let's put 1 yard of your favorite fabric inside the bag to share with your new friend. Please give your partner your favorite fabric and not a "left over" or " least favorite" type of fabric. Let's stay away from Holiday or Juvenile prints (strawberry shortcake or Pooh), and maybe aim for stars, flowers, apples, owls, stripes, dots, etc.
4. Add a recipe, a favorite book recommendation, or a craft you like to make - so that once your partner has their new bag - they can go out and fill it with goodies!
5. You will only have ONE PARTNER this time around!
DEADLINE TO SIGN UP: Friday, June 27th
DEADLINE TO MAIL PACKAGE: Thursday, July 31st
INFORMATION I NEED IN YOUR EMAIL TO ME (Punkrockertracey@yahoo.com):
*Name
*Address
*Email (for my purpose only)
*Blog or Website Address
*Your likes and dislikes
*Tell me if you would mind international shipping
If you like to read or go to the farmers market, tell your partner. More information helps your partner make a bag that you will love. Do you love lots of pockets or hate pockets? Do you always carry a cell phone or water bottle? Think about what you like on a bag to offer as a suggestion. Your partner DOES NOT have to follow your suggestions - but it may be of some help when selecting a bag pattern to follow

Have fun!

I have never made a bag (sorry my soon to be swap partner), I leave that to Suzanne, but thought I'd give this a try. So of course, I have to practice first on a bag for myself so I picked up this pattern:


And the sketchbook and shadow fabric (which I have been dying to use) from Anna Marie Horner's new home decor line, drawing room.


I can't wait to get started!

No comments: