Tuesday, May 12, 2009

An Inspired Art Quilt

If you read my blog, you already know that I am a HUGE fan of Donna Downey, to me she is a kindred spirit (although I highly, highly doubt she thinks of me that way). This is just my latest one of her projects. It is an art quilt and I can tell you now that these are fun and addicting!

I am already on my second one and dreaming of my third. If you look at each square as it's own mini canvas, it really enhances the creative process. And while this one can hang on my wall, I see the possibilites for scrapbooking layouts and even a fabric book!

fabric: Heather Baileys PopGarden
chipboard Embellishments: Maya Road
Key Hole: Tim Holtz
Birdcage Stamp: Hero Arts
Phrase Stamps: 7 Gypsies
Love Ticket and Typewriter Letters: Making Memories

No comments: