Saturday, January 10, 2009

My Creative Space

I always find it fascinating to see where crafters work so I thought I'd share my studio makeover "work in progress" with you! I was banished to the garage which isn't too bad in San Diego because it doesn't get very cold. You won't see shots of everything since it is a garage and some areas (like the daybed and toy storage) will wait until it is more finished and less embarrassing.
I wanted something styled completely for me. I don't get to use florals, reds or pinks in the main house since I am highly outnumbered by the boys so I had to make my space especially feminine. As a mom (and foster mom) I also had to make room for the kids to play and craft as well although they still like to get into my shelves....so much more fascinating. All my fabric bolts and pieces are tucked away in the cabinets behind me. I keep my larger bolts of ribbon on fun paper towel holders and I use jars, baskets and other items I pick up to store different types of crafting items.


The desk and shelves I salvaged for just $50 from a private school 3 blocks away that was closing. A little paint and this great tutorial from Brassy Apple and they were done. I made a matching quilted pad for the top of my desk for my sewing machine (which is getting adjusted at the shop right now) and viola...it was done!

3 comments:

Tracey said...

Your space is gorgeous!!! I wish we could all take field trips to each other's spaces!!!

Beth said...

What a beautiful creative studio you have! I Love how you did your desk! Awesome!
(stopping by from Lollychops)
Beth

Anonymous said...

Fantastic, so inspiring. Passing through via Lollys :]